The Social Services & Support Program provides emergency assistance to individuals and families who have experienced a temporary financial crisis. Financial services are based on the availability of funds. For assistance, you must either call to schedule an appointment with a caseworker or submit an application to be seen. No walk-ins are allowed.
The Social Services program assists clients with:
- Utility Bill Assistance (Electric, Water, Gas)
- Rental Assistance
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)
- Emergency Shelter Grants (ESG)
If you are interested in Rental or Utilities Assistance through the City of Dallas Office of Community Care, Social Services program, you may call our appointment line to speak with a caseworker, Monday – Friday – 9am- 2pm. The City of Dallas Social Services program is not able to assist people who live outside of City of Dallas’ city limits with Rental Assistance.
West Dallas Multipurpose Center: 214-670-6530
Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center: 214-670-8416
- U.S. Government issued ID or secondary identification
- Social Security Cards for all household members
- Lease agreement or proof of homeownership
- Proof of household income for the past 30 days
- Utility bill
- Eviction notice or mortgage delinquency notice
- Receipts for bills/expenses paid in the last 30 days
Note: Additional information may be required.
Financial Assistance is based on eligibility and fund availability.
Bilingual staff available.
For More Information: