The Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center invites you to participate in the 2018 Juneteenth Celebration, a community-based event celebrating art, history, music, food, family, and freedom. The Juneteenth celebration is a free event, honoring the oldest known celebration commemorating the ending of slavery in the United States. The event takes place on Tuesday, June 19, 2018, from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
This year’s celebration includes:
- Local Craft and Food Vendors
- Free health screenings and HIV testing
- Nonprofit organizations providing information on community events and social services
- Fun and educational games for children
- Arts and Crafts activities for the entire family
- And last, but not least, live entertainment by local artists, musicians, spoken word artists, dancers, and more!
We are asking for your support this year by participating as a vendor, sponsor, or volunteer.
For details, please visit www.dallasmlkcenter.com/Juneteenth.