The Dallas Harambee Steering Committee Presents the 44th Annual Harambee FestivalSaturday, October 27, 2018
11 am – 5 pm
Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center
2922 MLK Jr. Blvd., Dallas, Texas 75215
The 44th Annual Dallas Harambee Steering Committee humbly invites you to become a sponsor and partner up with one of the longest-running community events established in Southern Dallas.
This year’s theme “UNITY IN THE COMMUNITY,” allows everyone to embrace our differences.
Harambee is an East African Swahili word meaning “Let’s Pull Together” or Unity” originally created as a safe alternative to Trick-or-Treating where the Kids are our VIP’s.
Over the past 44 years, and with the support of longtime partners such as The MLK Jr Center, City of Dallas, Citizens’ Committee to Save Our Children Inc. (501c3), KHVN and KKDA have been able to host more than 5,000 kids and attendees over the years. The Dallas Harambee Festival has secured its place as one of the oldest and largest cultural events in North Texas. The Steering Committee continuously insist on providing a positive and secure atmosphere for every family, volunteer, entertainer, and sponsor. The Harambee Festival overall mission is to educate and unify all generations, cultures and social groups.
MARKETING: All target markets and demographics. NO EXEMPTIONS Absolutely Free to the public
AREAS NEEDING SPONSORSHIP and PARTICIPATION:
- ADVERTISING and PROMOTIONS (Graphics and Printing, Commercials, Interviews, Endorsements
- Security (Dallas Police)
- Arthello Beck, Jr. Watoto Village /Kid area (Healthy prepackaged snacks for treat bags, Games, Team Building Activities, Arts & Crafts, Educational items)
- Volunteer (T-Shirts, Meals strictly for all Vendors and Volunteers)
- Vendor (Retail, Informational, Food,
- A diverse collective of National and local entertainment (Stage, Sound System, Lodging & Travel, Video recording and Editing)
- Health screening, information and safety fair
- DISD Student Mask Contest
- Memorial Balloon Release (Helium tanks, Balloons, string, and signage)
- Parade/Walk/Unity March (Parade Permit, Floats)
- Scholarships/ Awards/ Acknowledgements
Please advise your notice of participation No Later than August 31, 2018.
If you have any questions concerning the Harambee Festival participation, please contact Willie Minor firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-978-7164 and Bobbie Murkledove email@example.com or 214-533-2054
Willie H Minor Jr, Chairman