The Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center will host the Annual Juneteenth Celebration on Wednesday, June 19, from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. This is a free family event, with vendors, food, entertainment and more. Juneteenth is an American holiday observed annually on June 19, commemorating the ending of slavery after Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation.
This year’s celebration includes:
- Grand Opening of the MLK Fresh Food Distribution Center (sponsored by Leadership Dallas)
- Local Craft and Food Vendors
- Free health screenings and HIV testing
- Nonprofit organizations providing information on community events and social services
- Fun and educational games for children
- Arts and Crafts activities for the entire family
- And last, but not least, live entertainment by local artists, musicians, spoken word artists, dancers, and more!
All vendors are invited to participate in the Juneteenth Celebration. Vendors must submit an application along with a fee of $50, paid in the form of a gift card. Gift cards must be Visa, American Express, or Mastercard- we will not accept NetSpend/Prepaid cards). Vendors will receive one 6-ft table and 2 chairs. You must bring your own canopy and extension cords to access electricity.
Submit your applications to email@example.com. You can also mail application to 2922 MLK Boulevard, Suite 147, Dallas, TX 75215.
Applications will not be considered complete until we receive the $50 gift card. Multiple vendors with similar items will not be accepted.
We are looking for singers, dancers, poets, musicians, and other artists to perform during the celebration. If you are interested in performing, please submit a digital copy of your performance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please limit submissions to only 2 videos. We are seeking lively, upbeat performances that are family-friendly, with no derogatory or suggestive language. If you submit anything deemed inappropriate, you will not be selected to perform.
We are accepting submissions until June 7, 2019. At that time, we will notify you if you have been selected to perform during the celebration.
If you are interested in being a sponsor, please contact our office at 214-670-8418.